Sunday, March 19, 2023

CAMBRIDGE PORTAFOLIO PROJECT: editing software and gadgets

 Welcome back!

Today is my editing Sunday, I wanted to get started and start editing even though we’re not done shooting. I wanted to get a head start and see how all the shots worked together, but as I tried to download my videos from my camera I ran into some issues since my everyday device is an iPad. I’ve never had difficulty downloading material from my camera to my iPad since it was a wireless download. My camera used Bluetooth but to film this project I used a different camera. At the moment my SD card was full so I borrowed my friend's camera. I thought this wouldn’t be a problem until now. 

Her camera downloads the videos with a direct USB cable into a computer, the problem is my iPad has no USB port. I know the logical thing to do is find an alternative to my iPad, download it somewhere else, and email myself the link to all the videos. But since I also have some old cameras that have USB cables to export their content I thought I would just research another way of fixing it. 

It took amazon about 5 seconds to find me exactly what I needed. An SD card reader for IPads (kinda obvious right…) To be completely honest, I had no idea this excised and I feel like a grandma figuring out how to use technology. After this extremely hard and challenging search through the web, I decided to purchase this revolutionary gadget. It gets here at the end of the week so I’ll keep you guys updated through this journey. 

As I was not able to download the videos I still worked on some audio ideas on adobe premiere but I’ll save that for another post. Stay tuned to see how it turns out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

CREATIVE CRITICAL REFLECTION

The day has come, this is officially my last post for this project. Thank you for tagging along, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did :) H...