Wednesday, March 8, 2023

CAMBRIDGE PORTAFOLIO PROJECT: story progress

Welcome Back!

So a little back story, I missed the past two weeks due to some complications with my wisdom teeth removal (I know it’s irrelevant), but because of this, I have not been able to meet with my wonderful teacher Mrs. Stoklosa. We have weekly meetings with her to discuss our blogs and our progress, but since I was out I was missing that feedback to continue my story. 

As I have discussed many times before, my intro starts with a very upbeat and intense sequence of shots but there has to be a story follow-up to those videos. I want to make sure I don’t give off the wrong idea of my intro being a documentary so I also want to focus that the editing reflects a vintage camera. The great question is “what are these videos? Where do they come from?”. There has to be a follow-up with the contrast I discussed and I want it to be a good one. I don’t want to be boring or predictable. After discussing many possibilities, I concluded that a “missing” storyline would be a good option. 

Let’s imagine the intense sequence of shots is over, we see a high-angle shot of the back of a girl kneeling over a messy box holding the camera. The quality difference is obvious, the color change is dramatic and the watcher wonders why the sudden change. A low angle follows a point of view from inside the box as this girl (the watcher realizes it is the same girl as the videos) moves objects around (blocking some of the shot). She opens a newspaper stating “MISSING” as it cuts to an intense close-up of her crying eyes. 

I fell in love with the idea as we discussed it, but we also had some good ideas for additions. 

- a Facebook page (to represent the time and setting)

- printed newspaper prop

Stay tuned to see how it turns out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CREATIVE CRITICAL REFLECTION

The day has come, this is officially my last post for this project. Thank you for tagging along, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did :) H...