Thursday, February 16, 2023

CAMBRIDGE PORTAFOLIO PROJECT: change of plans?

How can I make this an original plot while not losing my main idea? A drastic change? Setting change?.. These are all questions I’ve been asking myself these past few days. “How can I make my intro original?” I still want to captivate that coming of age sense of youth… but what if that turned into something else?

I’ve been brain storming ideas of how to develop that idea into something deeper. Remember when I said “I don’t want anything serious” in my last post, well I think i might have to take that back. So here are a few of my plot possibilities: 

#1:
- Opens with upbeat music (for now I’m thinking Kids by MGMT), same idea of an old vintage camera montage; kids are having fun, senior year, shots in school, packing for college, going to the beach, etc.. This montage shows one girl specifically (me probably, unless i find someone) living all these experiences. Dramatic cut into some kind of body shot/ tracking shot? Of someone looking around for this camera in a box. (Inspired by the Fiji water shots from bullet train).


The pov turns into the camera’s: sees some papers being moved around and hands searching for it, the papers get moved and a face is shown. A woman looks down, stares at the camera and then yells “yes, I know I found it”. This woman dramatically resembles the girl being shown in the vintage camera montage: her younger self.

The camera cuts to a mid shot of the woman kneeled down next to the box. Her surroundings are an absolute mess, the change of mood is drastic; cold hues. Boxes and papers all over the floor, and…. (Not really sure I need to figure that out :)

#2:
- (same beginning of the teens in the camera)
- Cuts to a close shot of a girl in court, she gets asked by the standing judge “The last time she was seen was in your camera footage, is that correct?” And she answers “yes, your honor”.

I’m not really 100% convinced of any of both outcomes, I think the important thing is to keep the ideas coming.
(Here is a mood board I made for the beginning of my intro)





No comments:

Post a Comment

CREATIVE CRITICAL REFLECTION

The day has come, this is officially my last post for this project. Thank you for tagging along, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did :) H...