Sunday, February 12, 2023

CAMBRIDGE PORTFOLIO PROJECT

Welcome back!


For our next project, we have been assigned to primarily produce a two-minute film intro. This got my mind going 100 miles an hour, not just because of the open opportunity of being to create 2 full minutes of anything I want but also because of the wide options of possibilities I can pick from. 


After the project was presented, I immediately started thinking of film intros I admired; Spectre, Baby Driver, Goldeneye, and The Dark Night. Even though these are amazing film intros, I think for my own good I need to admit I probably won't be able to have such a professional production. So, I want to focus on “what I know” as Mrs. Stoklosa explained. My idea is to make it look purposefully “cheap” or underproduced (maybe like Project X?) to also introduce my genre. 


As for my genre, I’m not sure what I want, but what I do know is that I don’t want anything serious. Since this year is my last, I think I want to produce a bit of what senior year feels like. I think it would be fun to take an old-school camera around and film some stuff around school (planned, not too spontaneous, or documentary-style). I do want this to follow a storyline. I’m still working on that part but some things wondering my mind for inspiration are very specific. I remember very clearly when I was little watching the Hannah Montana “Ordinary girl” music video on Disney channel and dragging my sister to help me recreate it (probably my director uprising). The video consists of Hannah giving her digital camera to a fan at her concert and the journey of how it brings “color” into her life. 


Link to the video: https://youtu.be/Ymy_WA-0o-w


I want an old 2000s rom-com look but I don’t want it to be cliche, one of my main examples would be the “10 things I hate about you” intro scene, this scene is pretty stereotypical, but it still uses editing, color, and sound to greatly develop their main character. 



(Link for the full scene: https://youtu.be/PaIWHB-m_yY)


The contrast of the two cars not just in color, but in music, body language, and attitude is a very creative way to introduce the character that is Kat Stratford.


Another idea I would also like to incorporate somehow is a project I made for this class at the beginning of the year. In this project we had to create a poster or a way to get out a message to a specific type of audience, mine was “create memories” (literally). 



I wanted to incorporate the idea of Polaroids being blocks of “memories” being built. I would like to use this Polaroid idea on my intro somehow. 


Anyways, this is all I have for now :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

CREATIVE CRITICAL REFLECTION

The day has come, this is officially my last post for this project. Thank you for tagging along, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did :) H...