Thursday, February 23, 2023

CAMBRIDGE PORTAFOLIO PROJECT: getting my story together

 Welcome Back!

    So I dedicated myself today to get my story together, as I explained before I had some different ideas to the outcomes of the end of the into. At the beginning, I was thinking about a very laid back concept of a camera on senior kids being passed around. But the more I thought about it the more I came to the conclusion that this was a project that I couple really excel on so I wanted to step out of my confort zone. I wanted to try something new so I went with the opposite of my main idea, I went for a plot twist. I really want to leave the watcher wanting more. 

    As explained in previously, I had two main plot ideas (if you’re interested in reading them in detail go here) so I decided to combine them. One of my ideas included filming in a court room, i really wanted to peruse this plot line since I thought filming there would be a really fun and original location to include. I knew filming there would be extremely difficult to achieve, and it was. One of my friends actually have a law internship with the city in Weston and she works at the Broward courtrooms quite often. I texted her wondering if there was any way I could talk to anyone about this or if there was any type of procedure. This was totally a shot in the dark, she told me it might be a possibility if I used the “it’s for a school project” excuse. I actually got around to talking to her boss and I was told that due to privacy purposes I couldn’t film inside the courtroom but I could film outside. She was very nice and was a great help but at the end I decided to turn a different way. Not being able to film inside wouldn’t be the same and that was the essence I wanted to capture. Eventually, I came to the conclusion that maybe I shouldn’t complicate myself too much, I could just go for the simpler story. It was a story with great potential so I put my 100% to making it the best I could, but I’m leaving that for my blog. :)

    In the end, it was a very fun learning experience to go through the process of choosing a story to follow. I have a feeling that this is the one (finally).

Stay tuned to see how it tuns out!


No comments:

Post a Comment

CREATIVE CRITICAL REFLECTION

The day has come, this is officially my last post for this project. Thank you for tagging along, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did :) H...